Sunday, June 18, 2006

Fight Club

Was watching the movie the other day. Brad Pitt looks great, but Ed Norton rocks. The movie has till now acquired cult status along with brad pitt's abs. It's one twisted tale of an office employee and soap salesman building a global organisation to vent male aggression(source - IMDB).The movie was cool, the soundtrack was nice, but I am not writing a review here. For cool quotes visit http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Fight_Club
In fight club, there is a scene where brad pitt and ed norton are discussing ideal opponents.They do this a few times in the movie. When asked to choose a historic figure for fight club, ed norton picks gandhi. Brad pitt picks lincoln. Inspired by this, i decided to publish my own list of people I would like to take one on one in fight club. I tried to spread it across various categories, and have geniunely put down the first name that came to mind. Here goes

Fight Club

Personal - Vinod Iyer
History - Veer Savarkar/Gandhi
Politics - George Fernandes
Cricket - Sunil Gavaskar
Football - Gabriel Batistuta
Bollywood - Anil Kapoor
Hollywood - Robert De Niro
Indian Music - Kishore Kumar
Foriegn Music - Bono (U2)
Model - Rahul Dev
Wrestler - Yokozuna

One Last Fight to the finish - ...........?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

mad monkey never talks
mad monkey only fights

Unknown said...

Fight Club - me too.

I thought it wld be a big list but I can't get myself to put a single name in there.

But lets follow Tyler Durtan's example.

Personal - My ex-RDM (Resource Deployment Manager - trying to halt my transfer to Pune)
History - My ex-girlfriend's father(s).
Politics - Any corrupt politician.
Cricket - Maurice Odumbe (bas aise hi...!!!)
Football - Roberto Carlos (phir bhag janeka...)
Bollywood - One of the Ramsay brothers
Hollywood - Steven Spilber (for War of the Worlds)
Indian Music - Sonu Nigam
Foriegn Music - Micheal Bolton (for 'Can i touch u there')
Model - Sonali Bendre (if only she cld act)
Wrestler - Undertaker / Stone Cold