Thursday, January 21, 2010

Tokyo and me

I am sitting at an Indian restaurant sipping kingfisher and getting nostalgic. It's not that bad to just pop out for a beer all by yourself . You do not have to listen to anyone for a change.
And I am wondering about what has changed in the past 3 years or so. When I came here, I was still in my twenties, with a lot of debt, and too many thoughts. The debt is gone , the worries remain, but I've learnt to live with it now. Being the ever pessimistic kind, I still worry that all this will be over soon and I might be struggling again. But I've learnt to enjoy the moment.
Not that things are perfect right now, but age brings the sullen realization that they never will be.
Japan has made me learn to enjoy the moment, rather than worrying it will slip away. Something that years of struggling had made me forget .
And I will always be grateful for that . And for Minako. I am just lucky to have her.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Unknown said...

cheers to u n minako. this one's for you - all izz well!
ps. sorry cldnt resist. i guess u must have seen the movie by now. nahi dekkha toh bhi - all izz well!!