Thursday, February 08, 2007

Maha Palika

I hate writing about politics. I really do. And I sure don't have all the information to comment. But who has all the information anyway. The mumbai B.M.C elections are over. And the party in power has been re elected. They have been on it for the past five years.
In a time where the number of slums has doubled, so has the number of Legal slums . ( Quite fascinating term, "Legal slums")
In a time where garbage collection and disposal sytems have nearly collapsed.
In a time where infrastructure has gone from bad to worse.
In a time when floods ran havoc in the city.
In a time when floods ran havoc in the city. Again.
In a time of power crisis in the city for the first time that I know of.
In time where almost every transport project in the city is facing inordinate delays.

I mean, come on, these guys stood with us through all these times. Sure, by the way things are shaping up, there will be real tough times ahead. And who better to carry us through all that. They stood by our sides then, they sure will be standing at the sidelines again. With the people, always.
Kudos to the ruling party. Cheers !!!
Before i get real emotional, I am signing off.
I just hope I get back to mumbai before the floods this year. Who doesn't like a day off from work to play in the rains.

No comments: